Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wicked

So Daren and I went to see Wicked last night...it was sooooo good.

I've always been a bit of a Theater connoisseur(ish) and I'm pretty sure that Wicked is one of the best I've seen. It's somewhat hard to compare it with classics like Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables but the quality was definitely up there. The voice talents of the touring cast is fantastic and it makes me want to go see it on Broadway. The writing is witty and the score is wonderful. I walked out of the theater wishing I could go straight back in and watch it again...and again...and again.

The last two productions I've seen prior to Wicked were Avenue Q and Spamalot. Both were delightfully entertaining and I loved it. Spamalot however doesn't really hold a candle to Wicked and Avenue Q is in a whole awesome category all by itself. I think everyone should see theater productions whenever time and finances allow, it's soul enriching.

Anyway that's all I have to say about it I suppose but really you need to go see it. No book updates this time sorry, I was busy last night. Go see Wicked. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful musical and the cast was very talented, not just for a touring company but for any company, anywhere.

But I have to say that tough there wasn't one bad song in the musical, the show doesn't have any stand out songs that you hum to yourself on the way home.

Brittany will tell you that I was singing Avenue Q songs on the ride home. That's because the only song I could remember even part of was Popular, and that was just "Pop-u-oo-lar."

Again, the songs weren't bad, just not as memorable as songs from other shows.

But everyone should go see it as it is a wonderful show that is well written and performed.

And it hands down beats the book.

Mike Wertman said...

The internet is for....?