Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rescue Me

So it's almost here, that special time of year when I'm completely anti-social and busy pulling my hair out in between typing. Only a few more days until Nanowrimo!! Hooray!!! Dismay!!! Hooray!!! Dismay!!!

So my plot has turned an interesting corner and has become a pseudo-religious piece that is neck deep in the prophecies of the seven scrolls and seven seals in the Book of Revelations. It'll be fun and quite a bit different than anything else I've ever done. I still have a ton of planning to do though. The research I'm conducting is both easy and hard, easy because I have google at my fingertips and it's very simple to find out what the weather is like in Scotland in the fall. But all of the Biblical histories and differing commentaries on Revelations makes it difficult. It's a good thing I'm writing fiction and not a theology paper.

Why do I call this a pseudo-religious novel you ask? Well mostly because I'm taking huge liberties with some of the mythos and visions in Revelations. Mainly the 144,000 people with seals on their forehead that will protect them from the Tribulations before and during the Apocalypse. Now, since I'm not a scholar and I've never taken a theology class I'm obviously not going to be depicting these people accurately or even close to accurately (since no one actually knows who they are aside from the 12 tribes of Israel). They will however be an important group of people in my book and like all groups of people will have both good and bad seeds. Also, I'm not writing an apology book which frankly a lot of Christian literature is. Apology in the truest sense of the word means 'to defend' and I'm not writing a defense of my beliefs in any way. I'm writing an action/adventure novel that just happens to have Religious roots and Divine Intervention.

What's the difference between Blood of Renatus and Untitled Nano2008 you ask? I think that's another blog post for another time, this one is long enough already!

So here's a treat for you, the theme song to my nano novel. It's called "Rescue Me" by Pushmonkey. I don't actually know anything about this band, nor do I know any of their other songs. This one happened to download itself to my itunes (i dunno why it sometimes gives me free music but i won't complain) and I really like it. I think it fits well with my theme and my characters even though I'm pretty sure it's a secular song and a secular band.

Hey..can you save me in any way?
Even though I hate to say
I'm not understanding me

Chorus:
I need someone to rescue me.
When I get a little bit crazy,
I need to you to save me from myself.
I'm waiting for someone to rescue me.
When I go a little too far,
I just want to be sure that you're the only one to save me from
myself

No words control
You're not

Chorus

When I get a little bit crazy
When I go a little bit too far
I come to you

Hey can you see the warning signs?
Can you help me recognize
where it's me

chorus

save me from myself
save me from myself
save me from myself

1 comment:

ditty said...

Sounds like you're on the right track. The Book of Revelation should provide plenty of fodder!