Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Epilogue

So I just wrote the epilogue for The Blood of Renatus. I know I said I was going to focus on finishing the beginning and here I am writing the very end. I couldn't help it though, it was nagging at me and I just had to write it. I wasn't even planning on writing an epilogue, in general I don't really like prologue's or epilogues but I guess my book just wanted to have one.

It's very short, only about 1300 words and very creepy. I however like it very much. I'm sure I'll expand it and make it better at some other date but it just needed to get on paper or my brain was going to explode.

So the interesting thing about the epilogue is that I write it from the perspective of flowers and a tree. It starts with:
The flowers in the High Blood Priest’s antechamber deep within the Circle of Blood had no concept of time. They did, however, realize that they had not fed in far longer than needed.
And ends with:
They praised the tree for bringing him back and would have smiled had they had mouths. But they didn’t smile. They were, after all, only flowers.
Anyway, I quite like it and I feel better for writing it. It was just gnawing on my brain even though I'm not even close to finishing the book. It's exciting though, I like knowing that I have the rest of the book planned out i detail. Other scenes are screaming at me to write them and my fingers are itching to do as they bid.

Don't tell my boss I wrote this while at work though...shhhh! :)

No comments: