Monday, June 16, 2008

Revelations and Endings

I've come to a revelation about the ending of my book. But I'm not going to tell you anything about it except to say that I have decided upon an ending for book one and it feels nice. It certainly isn't what i originally planned but obviously the original plan wasn't working.

What this means is that the block that was preventing me from finishing the last 1/3 of the novel is no longer there. I had switched to re-tooling the entire beginning because the end was being elusive. It feels like a nice breath of fresh air now and it has propelled my mind into the planning of book 2 which is nice.

So now I have to focus on finishing the new beginning of the novel and I can go back to where I left off in chapter 16 and move forward. Certainly the beginning needed to be changed, it also wasn't working. My original chapter 1 is now chapter 4 and the book flows much better. Plus it was pretty important to put Gabriel in the beginning of the book instead of not appearing until chapter 20 or so.

Anyway my point is I see the road clearly now for the first time in several months which is both exciting and daunting at the same time.

Also, if you haven't already read my excerpt then you should. There is a hyperlink in the links column if you don't feel like scrolling down to the last post. And yes I know there is a typo in the first paragraph and no I'm not going to fix it at this point.

1 comment:

Mike Wertman said...

Hooray for endings!

Now get to writing, I need another chapter to read!