Friday, November 21, 2008

Conversations with Characters part 2 and days 11-20

*ahem*

Rafe: You know you want me
Me: ........
Rafe: Come on, admit it.
Me: Well......
Jasper: What's going on in here?
Me: Nothing! Nothing at all!
Jasper: Who's that guy? Didn't he get his chance last year?
Rafe: *snort* At least she wants to publish my story
Katze: Excuse me? It's MY story thank you very much.
Me: *whimper*
Sadie: What's going on in here?
Katze: Am I hearing an echo? what's with these two?
Me: Oh nothing, we're just discussing who wants to be written more
Rafe/Jasper: ME! *glare at each other*
Jasper: You don't even have any special powers! All you do is wave around that sword thing.
Rafe: *eyebrow raise* I'm also very sexy
Sadie: *looks at Rafe* He is.
Katze: yeah...but if you keep staring at him like that I'll slit your throat.
Sadie: eep!
Me: Can't you guys just get along and wait your turn?
Jasper: *whines* but this IS my turn!
Rafe: true, but you can't stop thinking about me can you?
Ginger: She likes the secondary characters better in our story than in yours you know.
Mouse: *frowns at Ginger*
Katze: Who cares? You're secondary! Which means you're expendable!
Rafe: *nods in agreement*
Me: None of you are expendable...I mean some of you do die but you're still important! I swear!
Rafe/Katze: We don't trust you
Jasper/Sadie: We do!
Me: I could always mix you up you know, I am all powerful so you guys better behave!
Katze: Fine, but you better come back to BoR soon. Do you have any idea how boring it is laying in a room with sword wounds for months on end? Seriously. Plus, Rafe and I still want to make out.
Rafe: It's true.
Gabriel: Hey! No making out with my sister!
Katze: *eye roll*
Jasper: Great, we'll see you later tonight when I come down to the kitchen to comfort Sadie since that evil shadow demon attacked.
Sadie: Yeah, until you say something stupid again and I slap you.
Jasper: *grins*
Me: Are we good? Good. Now go away and leave my brain alone so I can get some work done!


So, I've decided it's hard to have two half-finished stories floating around in your head. When that happens fights ensue between my characters. So the past 10 days have been tough. I'm way behind (although not as behind as my word count suggests, but I haven't updated it in awhile) and I'm not sure if I will actually make it or not. Pretty much I'm going to have to write like 5k days for the next week to make up the time. I suppose it's doable, i've gotten over the hump I was in. The exposition in this story is so freaking boring but then it gets fun and exciting. It's starting to turn more the way I wanted it to be. I really wanted it to feel dark and creepy but it's hard to do dark and creepy when all your characters do is introduce themselves to the others.

This is probably the first story I've done where the majority of my characters don't know each other. Really only Jasper and Sadie know each other, everyone else they met at the start of the story. It's much easier for your characters to already know each other, or at least to meet in interesting ways. I wrote a scene that reminded me strongly of the opening dinner scene in the movie Clue. Anyway, i'm into the action now so that' s much more fun.

Lets see if I make it.

1 comment:

Mike Wertman said...

Want more blog updates!!!