Monday, November 10, 2008

Days 6-10

These days writing has been much slower than it should have been.

I'm currently about 3000 words behind where I should be to keep on pace. That doesn't of course mean I won't make it or anything. I wrote over 3000 words in my first day this month so I'm not worried. There is still plenty of time left in the month.

I feel like I've gotten over my exposition stump that had me too bored to write. I don't have a super huge cast of characters this year, but this book demanded more of a traditional introduction to the characters I do have. I haven't been able to just ease them into the story the way I did with BoR because almost none of my characters had ever met before. So I had to introduce them to each other.

But now I'm pretty much past that and I'm onto the rising action. At least the first rising action. I'm looking forward to some of the scenes ahead, although I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to write a few of them.

I'm also enjoying the style of this book, I'm writing in what we dubbed in the last writing group meeting as "3rd person unlimited". Meaning I'm switching perspectives when I feel like it and sticking to the strict rules when they're needed. I'm unlimited in my choices :) Plus I'm writing really short chapters compared to BoR which is also fun.

It's late so I'm going to bed. I wrote about 2100 today which is a good amount. I'm still behind but I'll catch up soon I have no doubt. I have a feeling this week will be a better writing week than last.

1 comment:

ditty said...

2100 words? Well done! You'll be caught up in no time.